What do you do, Emeli?
I am for profit, for purpose, for people, and for the planet.
Let me kick off with my purpose and passion...
=>> to solve problems using design thinking + create change that adds value + empower diverse communities = social innovation
My career has been diverse, creative and, I’ve absolutely loved working together with some of the best in social innovation, business and education as a facilitator, coach and consultant. Its been a fun (and yet let’s be honest) a gruelling adventure - 100,000+ hours of product making, 150+ programs, 500+ master classes and 1,000+ failed experiments! I live by the motto - we never stop learning.
For past 25 years longggg years, Ive been dedicated to human centred design encompassing:
- 50+ corporate training specialist consultancies delivering talent training programs (leadership, diversity, wellbeing)
- co design for 25+ Government & public sector projects (intersectional health - indigenous, refugee, youth, gender, LGBTIQ, CALD)
- 1000+ educational institutions designing and delivering learning programs (online and face to face)
- a startup founder of a well-being educational social enterprise (10+ yrs)
(10,000+ customers, 2,000+ career coaching clients, multiple products and 1000's of product failures)
- facilitated 15,000+ face to face workshops and remote/online events
- trained 3000+ instructors, facilitators, trainers, teachers
- studied and applied evidence-based theories (Positive Psychology PERMA, Neuroscience, ACT, CBT, Narrative, Logos, Joseph Campbell Heroes Journey, GROW, DISC, Hogan, The Leadership Circle)
- co-created 20,000 people large scale live concerts and mobilised social impact campaigns
- worked in international development projects with trauma groups (Botswana Africa, Palestine Israel, Belfast & Dublin Ireland, Bronx & Brooklyn NYC)
- $20m business development and investment secured
- engaged half a million Australians face to face
- reaching millions globally online
- survived Covoid lockdowns!
- currently writing a book series
'Emeli’s energy for learning is contagious'
'Finally, a women of colour, from the other side of the tracks, open with her psycho social disabilities and yet leading social impact and... business initiatives. This is a rare sight - yet a very inspiring one'